Re: Question for Bastian Nocera

    >     Do we want to spend time being held back by the missing infrastructure
    >     on other OSes than Linux? The large majority of contributors use Linux,
    >     and we'd like to be able to not get held back.
    >
    > The large majority of them use GNU/Linux.  Linux is a kernel and won't
    > run by itself.

    The large majority run Linux, as in the kernel...

    When I say Linux, I mean the Linux kernel, and I'd like it if you
    stopped correcting my words.

I'm sorry for misunderstanding.  I got the wrong idea from the word
"OS".  Thank you for making a clear distinction between Linux and the
rest of the system.

However, I expect that missing infrastructure in other platforms is
not limited to kernels.  It will be the whole system which lacks
infrastructure compared with the whole GNU/Linux system.

    This habit of correcting
    people is getting frankly old.

As long as the mistake continues to be common, we need to keep up the
efforts to educate people.  I wish we could get this done once and for
all, so that we could move on.  But, as you surely see, the mass media
continue to call the GNU/Linux system "Linux" most of the time, and
that continues to spread the mistake.