Re: question for candidates

 On 06/01/2010 11:03 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:
Here is a question for the candidates.

To advance to the goal of freedom for software users, we need to
develop good free software, and we need to teach people to value and
demand the freedom that free software offers them.  We need to advance
at the practical level and at the philosophical level.

GNOME is good free software, and thus contributes at the practical
level.  How will candidates use the user community's awareness of
GNOME to contribute to educating the communityn about freedom?
By just talking about it more.
While we tend to focus on freedom 1 - the freedom to study how the program works and change it to do what you wish, freedom 2 - the freedom to help your friends by giving them a copy of your favorite piece of software is the one I feel is actually most important for the big masses out there and one we should try to highlight more. We should make sure to mention these things in a straight forward way on our website and in our outreach materials.
- Andreas