Re: question for candidates

Em Ter, 2010-06-01 às 17:03 -0400, Richard Stallman escreveu:
> Here is a question for the candidates.
>
> To advance to the goal of freedom for software users, we need to
> develop good free software, and we need to teach people to value and
> demand the freedom that free software offers them.  We need to advance
> at the practical level and at the philosophical level.
>
> GNOME is good free software, and thus contributes at the practical
> level.  How will candidates use the user community's awareness of
> GNOME to contribute to educating the communityn about freedom?

Hi Richard and all,

Personally, in my talks about GNOME, often (depending on the audience),
before talking about GNOME itself, I talk about free software, its
principles, its benefits, its philosophy. Then I explain why GNOME was
created and how tied GNOME is with free software and the GNU project.

We should encourage people to do the same when talking about GNOME as a
project (in non technical talks). GNOME Marketing team is working on a
subproject called GNOME ambassadors: "We rely on GNOME Ambassadors like
you to spread the word of GNOME and teach people the advantages of using
a free desktop." (quote from http://live.gnome.org/Ambassadors). This is
a great opportunity to do such task.

Jonh Wendell
http://www.bani.com.br