Re: GNOME: lack of strategic roadmap

El mar, 23-02-2010 a las 17:02 +0100, Philip Van Hoof escribió:

> > On 23/02/10 12:36, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
> > > I often hear complaints about how the RedHat guys turn down
> patches
> > > from other contributors (mostly from members of companies
> competing
> > > with them),
>
> Well if that's the case, then that's something to be madly angry
> about.
>
> I don't know nor do I claim this to be the case. I have not seen this
> being the case, not for Gtk+ (I'm not involved in its development).
>
> Having a person in the position of maintainer while being pushed by
> his company to reject patches from competitors, is more or less the
> kind of situation that I'd even propose to actively ban from GNOME.

Hold your horses right there. I don't know where are you reading any
claim like that. No one has claimed that someone is under pressure by
his company to reject patches from competitors, as you seem to interpret
-- please be careful with your words.

> It's most damaging for our goals, it's viral and it instantly murders
> any interest in our development platform by the (other) mobile
> vendors.

It's also damaging to start witch hunting out of the blue :)

Claudio