Re: Meeting Minutes Published - July 25, 2010

Hi,

Brian Cameron wrote:
>     * GNOME Mobile work funded by Nokia.
>           o If Nokia continued with Maemo 5, then we could just port
>             GNOME apps and they would likely just work.
>           o With Maemo 6 and Moblin neither Qt nor GTK+ apps just work.

This doesn't sound right... Qt apps and stock GTK+ apps should Just Work
in both Maemo 6 and MeeGo 1.0. The issue, as I understand it, is that
Hildon & "Nokia GTK+" apps developed against Maemo 5 currently have no
migration path to Maemo 6/MeeGo.

>           o The board is considering funding making Maemo 6 integrate
>             more nicely with GTK+.

In the context, it seems like the task should be "Ensuring that Maemo 5
apps work well with upstream GTK+"?

>           o ACTION: Bastien to discuss technical Nokia plans with
>             regards to Meego for Handsets.
>           o ACTION: Stormy to send Bastien contact details for Nokia
>             Advisory Board.

Cheers,
Dave.

--