Candidacy: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Germ=E1n?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_P=F3o-Caama=F1o?=

Name: Germán Póo-Caamaño
Mail: gpoo gnome org
Nick: gpoo
Blog: http://blogs.gnome.org/~gpoo/
      http://www.calcifer.org/~gpoo/ (for Spanish speakers)
Affiliation: None

Summary

        I am a contributor since 2000 and I am running for the
        Foundation Board because I want to help Gnome and its community
        from a different perspective and bringing an independent voice.
        I want to see the communication from Foundation Board's to its
        community improved.  I will work to empower contributors, work
        groups and local communities.

My involvement in Gnome

        I have been involved in Gnome since the beginning of the current
        century, and I have been working with Unix since 1991 and Linux
        since 1995.

        I have attended GUADEC from 2002 to 2008, but also to other
        Gnome events, such as GUADEC-ES (Hispanic Guadec), Forum do
        Gnome (Brazil), Gnome Day (Chile), Involucrate (Peru).

        When I was young I was coordinator of Spanish translation team
        and  I wrote gnome-nettool.  Since then, I helped here and
        there.

        I usually give a hand whenever I am asked for.

Promotion of Gnome and Free Software

        I have spent a lot of my spare time promoting Gnome and FLOSS in
        conferences, I have given more than 60 talks on Gnome and
        related topics.

        I have been involved in local communities since its beginnings,
        such as Gnome Hispano and Gnome Chile. I founded and organized
        the biggest Linux[1] conference in Chile, but also I organized
        other events related with Free Software and Gnome.

        I have helped and encouraged several developers to get involved
        in Gnome.

Motivations:

        I want to be on the Foundation's board because I want to improve
        the communication from the board to its community.   I think It
        has improved trough the years, but I am confident it could be
        better.

        I want to help to getting things done as quick as possible
        whenever its related to conferences, hackfest and events from
        local communities, in order to improve the use of foundation's
        budget and communication.

[1] Yes, the kernel.

Regards,

--