Re: Gran Canaria tickets: Now is a good time

Hi,

Pascal Terjan wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
>> For those who have already decided you're coming this year, please buy
>> your tickets this month. From next month, prices will rise as people
>> plan their Summer holidays.
>>

> Are there already estimations of hosting prices ?

I'll assume you meant "housing".

Bear in mind that Spanish hotel star ratings are considerably lower than
French ones.

We have a few options lined up, the details of which we're still working
out.

A 4 star hotel for €75 per single room per night (€115 per night for a
double or twin)
3 star hotels, with a cost ranging from €30 per night for a single to
€80 or so for a twin/triple room

We're also looking at block-booking holiday apartments for the week, I
don't recall the costs involved, but it will be in the region of €600 to
€700 for an apartment for 3 people for 8 nights.

We're working on offering people who want cheap accommodation that
option, with a target price of €30 per night, while offering those who
expect a little more comfort or intimacy that option, for under €80 per
night. We're also (obviously) working on keeping people as closely
grouped as possible, in a city that has a very high number of hotel beds.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary