Re: Stormy's Update: Week of December 7th

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 16:08 -0700, Stormy Peters wrote:
> That said, the discussion started because of Clutter and its copyright
> assignment and the fact that that is blocking it's inclusion in GNOME
> 2.28.

I'm not a lawyer, so I'm very ready for someone to just tell me that I'm
wrong, but:

Clutter's isn't a copyright assignment. It's a copyright waiver, placing
the code in the public domain:
http://bugzilla.openedhand.com/waiver.html

My concern is that code without a copyright holder cannot really be
under any license. For instance, nobody could go to court to defend
abuse of LGPL code in Clutter:
http://git.clutter-project.org/cgit.cgi?url=clutter/tree/COPYING
if nobody owns the copyright in that code.

I hope that issue can be addressed. Whether I want to assign copyright
is a different matter for me.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com