Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 12:32 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On 12/11/2009 11:32 AM, Lefty (石鏡 ) wrote:
> > Philip van Hoof writes
> >>
> >> I propose to have a vote on GNOME's membership to the GNU project.
> >
> > I'd second this.
>
> Quick procedural note: If you really want to pursue this, according to the
> bylaws you need support of 5% of the membership IIRC to put something to vote.
>   I'm not sure the vote would be binding though.

Okay, thanks for the information.

> I thought I point that out since that's your rights as members of the
> foundation.  That said, I agree with Dave.

I'll support whoever proposes this as a vote. Being a member I'd like to
propose this vote (but apparently I need '5% - 1 person' of the other
members, I don't know how they can officially support the proposal).

As a reply to the legitimate concerns you and Dave have:

o. I don't think being afraid of that is sufficient reason to sidestep
   the issue. We're an intelligent group of people. We can deal with
   this.

o. I think we should be intellectually honest. We owe it to ourselves.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog
http://codeminded.be