Re: Software relicensing, how is it done ?

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Hubert Figuiere <hub figuiere net> wrote:
[...]
Seriously, that even more reason for hoping the relicensing of
libgladeui as LGPL does not happen. Basically, what you are proposing,
is that Glade be licensed in a way that it would favor fragmenting GNOME
while removing freedom to their users.

Upon reading this it became apparent to me what this is really all about.

I will not tolerate watching my work being used in any kind of popularity
contest a moment longer, its not ethical by my standards not to mention
insulting. Juan wont stand for it either.

If you think this attitude is working for us, its not - were six years down the
line, builder is here, I'm still alone here and what I can do is sometimes
barely enough at best.

Except I had some help, and Juan, I'm making a point because in my eyes
he is a true gangster, he grew up in Argentina and lived through an
economical crisis, for him participating in Glade meant possible loophole
in the system - now even as an Argentinian with an existent but unrecognizable
education he can get a job with a European or American company, and thats
not enough to be fair. In the world we live in, the poorest of Bolivians
that could afford no education must be allowed to see eye to eye and compete
fairly with the rest of the world, nothing less is acceptable.

This is my last email on the topic.

Regards,
               -Tristan