time to (re)consider preferential voting?

[Speaking purely as a Foundation member and not as a member of the
Board; I've not discussed this with the Board at all.]

Some years ago the Foundation considered the use of preferential
voting to select the board. At the time I opposed it, for reasons I
don't fully recall but which in retrospect probably boiled down to
'I'm unfamiliar with it.' I believe that at the time we'd also have
had to write the software, which would not have been fun. But I've
come around to believing that this is a better way to run elections.

It appears that by the time of our next election, we'll have a
third-party, free software solution available for the problem, used
recently and successfully by FreeCulture.org.
http://blog.selectricity.org/?p=4

I'm still trying to puzzle through the bylaws (which are a bit of a
mess wrt voting) as to what it would take to actually enact this
change (bottom line is probably that the board can just say 'it should
be this way'), but in the meantime I thought it might be good to have
a bit of discussion here around whether or not this is a good idea.

Luis