Re: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2009

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 19:00 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > I wouldn't mind having a joint skiing/hacking conference there :-)
>
> Crazy idea (tell me if I've been smoking the wacky baccy):
>
> Someone offers to host the Summit at the Summit, say in Utah or
> Whistler? Travel costs would be an issue, but fitting in some skiing
> over a holiday weekend in (say) February would be cool.

where do I need to sign? :-)

Seriously, I went once to a ski resort, and some doctors conference was
taking place in a hotel there, and I really think it would be a great
thing for hackfests (maybe not for a big conference like GUADEC or the
Summit), but getting the right people together in a similar place might
be much more productive than getting them on a big city, in separated
hotels, and no sport activities at all :-) Getting 15/20 people together
in a hotel, for some skiing during the morning, and talks and hacking in
the afternoon / evening could be a good way of organising hackfests

At least, hackers would learn how to ski :-) and the same could be done
during the summer, with some biking/hiking activities in the morning. We
are all getting old, so we need something else than only hacking :-)
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>