Retraction of "Referendum Notification" in favor of Board's Vote Proposal

Retraction of "Referendum Notification" in Favor of Board's Vote
Proposal

As Jeff Waugh informed Membership and Elections Committee, we don't have
"referendum" described in bylaws. Thus, we just have vote.

In order to prevent any kind of confusion, we will follow previous
proposal, and obey the dates stated in that proposal instead of the
Membership and Elections Committee's proposed time line.

Since Committee's time line is based on the original proposal[1], this
retraction notice is just for preventing the confusion there may
exists.

Here's the new time line we are following for the membership vote:

Time line
--------
(all deadlines are 23:59 UTC/18:59 EST)

    September 2007
 Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
                    1
  2  3  4  5  6 (7) 8   official proposal[1] of bylaws amendment
                        announced to members (14th)
  9 10 11 12 13 14 15
 16 17 18 19 20(21)22   membership renewals closed (21st) [2]
 23 24 25 26 27(28)29   amendment proposal period ends (28th)
                        ballots are sent (28th)
 30

    October 2007
 Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
     1  2  3  4  5  6
  7  8  9 10 11(12)13  ballots must be returned (12th)
 14(15)16 17 18 19 20  preliminary results announced (15th)
 21(22)23 24 25 26 27  challenges to the results closed (22nd)
 28 29 30 31

Announcement for the second round of votes, if required, would follow
in due course.

Sincerely,

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee

[1]
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2007-September/msg00000.html
[2] Membership can check last renewal date on membership list of
foundation, which can be found at
http://foundation.gnome.org/membership/members.php

Just hover on your name.