Re: Can we improve things?

Hi,

Julien PUYDT wrote:
> Tristan Van Berkom a écrit :
>> I think its important to note here that giving someone access to blog
>> on planet gnome is like publicly aknowlaging that they are indeed a part
>> of the gnome community - people who contribute to the project need to
>> feel like they are part of the project.
>
> Agreed. And there are people who provide code (and good code), but can't
> get svn access, which means they're effectively denied entering the
> community.

Planet GNOME - is it a resource for its readers, or its writers?

All aggregation sites go through a process, like mailing lists, where as
the number of participants goes up, the relevance and quality goes down.
Look at O'Reilly's Radar, when there was only Tim, and no when there are
14 or 15 people posting. I think the sweet spot there was about 4 or 5
writers - for me, the radar's gone to the wrong side of the
quality/quantity equation.

The planet's got 245 authors now. There are 48 posts since yesterday
morning.

At what point do we recognise that editorial control is necessary for
the planet to remain a useful resource?

Cheers,
Dave.

--