Re: Can we improve things?

Hi,

Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak">
>> I would suggest opening pgo as a free-for-all for those with commit access
>
> Just so everyone knows: That is *extremely* unlikely to happen. There has
> been significant support for the editorial stewardship of Planet GNOME for
> ages now. When I last considered making it a free-for-all, there was a *LOT*
> of pushback. Despite the occasional maintenance issues that has not changed.

I have a suggestion. A second person with full editorial control,
alongside Jeff, and some published guidelines on the criteria so that
people know whether their blogs have a good chance of getting accepted
onto the planet or not.

A dose of common sense, and a realisation that there are grey areas
where subjective judgements are going to be made, no matter what is
proposed, will allow us to get past this issue quickly, rather than
spending countless more hours bikeshedding it.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary