Re: Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 23rd Auguest 2007

Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Dave Neary">
>> I didn't say it would have been. That's not the point.
>
> It appeared to be the catalyst for your complaint, but not relevant to the
> issue at hand. If you point is to repeat your complaint without taking into
> account the answer you've received previously, then great, but it's not very
> helpful.

The catalyst was the posting of the minutes, not the problem noted therein.

The answer I got previously was "I'm organising it, it's under control".
The minutes indicate a willingness to have help on the ground, just not
yet (as of 3 weeks ago).

That also doesn't tally with my recollection of previous discussions the
board had about the Summit.

So saying on foundation-list that I don't think it's appropriate to
organise the summit without having someone in Boston involved from the
beginning seems appropriate.

You don't have to take this as some kind of challenge to your authority,
and get defensive about it.

Dave.

--
Dave Neary