Re: Creating new modules (was Re: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?))

<quote who="Havoc Pennington">

> Bringing it back to the present, there's stuff on svn.mugshot.org that
> really belongs on gnome.org, but it seems it didn't end up there. I don't
> think this was a conscious thing, but I think it probably was due to just
> enough of a barrier to create a new gnome module.

This happens with more than just revision control infrastructure. More and
more projects are hosting everything (web, svn, lists) elsewhere, because of
the social and technical issues related to staying upstream -- it's not just
infrastructure (though your example is probably the strongest atm).

Anyway, this warrants a lot of thought.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

     "Again you are making up inventing as you go. Be specific aba gaba
                         datata." - Oscar Plameras