Re: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?)

On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 12:48 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

>   - Move translations out of modules into a new module dedicated to
> translations of all GNOME modules.  Fixes many build-broken issues but
> has many more issues.

That's how KDE guys do, I think. IMHO it has the following advantages:

- what takes the longest while building a new checkout are translations
  of strings and help files.
- translator work doesn't get in the way of developers, and the other
  way.
- most developers don't understand much at how the po/ and help/
  directories work, which makes those broken more often than never.