Re: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?)

<quote who="Sanford Armstrong">

> My personal opinion is that in the short term, using a D-SCM actually
> raises the barrier for entry for *new* developers.

Why so? Being able to branch and start working -- including making newbie
mistakes -- completely safely in revision control, and being able to expose
that to the broader project is an *awesome* way to lower the barrier to
entry for new developers. You can be doing significantly more useful (and
just plain "more") work, faster.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Boston Summit 2007                    http://live.gnome.org/Boston2007