Re: OOXML [was Re: GNOME Foundation Board Meeting Minutes :: 7/6/07]

On 10/29/07, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:

> > So, uh... this apparently didn't happen, and now we're getting flamed
> > (rightfully) for appearing to give a stamp of approval to a deeply
> > flawed standard. So... when is the board making this happen?
>
> Right.  I should be blamed for not getting the press release out.  Not
> that the flame is correct (it's not) or even would have been prevented
> by a press release.  It's not like anybody cared to contact Jody or the
> board or foundation before flaming...

I was called on the phone, twice now. I'm surprised no one tried
(apparently) to contact Jody or the board.

This flaming was completely and utterly predictable. I'm disappointed
that the board took the time to approve an action that obviously
exposed GNOME to PR problems without taking the (very obvious) PR
steps to reduce that impact.

Luis