Re: Minutes of SoC meeting

Le lundi 05 mars 2007, à 20:46, Federico Mena Quintero a écrit :
> El mié, 28-02-2007 a las 19:46 +0100, Vincent Untz escribió:
>
> >  SoC/WSOP mentors from previous years: Behdad Esfahbod, Shaun McCance,
> >    Danilo Segan, Joe Shaw, Vincent Untz
>
> Bleh.  Sorry that I couldn't attend, but Oralia and I were jet-setting
> around Belgium ;)

:-)

> >  + performance analysis projects are interesting but might not produce
> >    concrete results in the end
>
> Interesting.  How did you come to this conclusion?

Hrm, I don't have the logs of the meeting, so maybe someone will be able
to jump in and help with the reply.

But, IIRC, what was told is that performance analysis is something hard,
and that it might require a lot of effort to get (code-wise) a small
result. The result can still have a big impact on user experience, but
it's hard to know this before the performance analysis is done (ie,
before the end of the project).

It doesn't mean that we don't want such projects, but that we have to be
aware of all this when evaluating all the applications.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.