Re: Minutes of SoC meeting

Le samedi 03 mars 2007, à 18:18, Raphaël Slinckx a écrit :
>    Hi !
>
>      Note that we'll soon create the wiki page to post ideas about potential
>      SoC projects. We'll announce it widely soonish.
>
>    I was suggesting to vincent the other day on IRC that maybe instead of
>    doing like last year (dumping all sorts of ideas on a lgo wiki page then
>    letting the students try to extract something meaningful) we should do a
>    2-step process where we ask maintainers about potential areas that can be
>    improved by a student during x months, then a small comittee of let's say
>    10 people decide what's worth proposing to the student and
>    clean-up/verify/publish the list officially. Students can then choose from
>    that list or suggest a new idea. It will be better than receiving mails
>    with a mashup of small things that he found on the wiki page.

Agree.

Well, we still need to have a wiki page where people can dump all their
ideas. We'll just triage the ideas later.

I've created http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2007/Ideas with some
instructions on it, and a warning that all ideas listed there might not
be good.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.