Minutes of the Board meeting, 2006/sep/13

GNOME Foundation Board Meeting, 2006/Sep/13

Attendance:

Anne
Dave (chairing)
Federico (minutes, 10 mins. late)
Jonathan
Quim
Rosanna
Vincent (minutes for the first 10 mins.)

No attendance:

Jeff (sleeping)

OLD ACTIONS
===========

* Jeff to write a proposal for the technical project meeting.  NOT DONE

* Jeff to write a press release for the GTK+ / Foundation
  announcement.  NOT DONE

* Quim to finish the financials from GUADEC.  ALMOST DONE

* Quim to finish his GUADEC-HOWTO: IN PROGRESS, draft is done.

* Dave to contact Miguel �gel L� and Izabel Cerqueira about the
  Latin American conferences: DONE.  Not clear on what they expect
  from us.  We are in contact with them; they need to tell us what
  they need from the Foundation.

* Anne to contact our pro-bono law firm instead of SFLC about the
  trademark licensing agreement.  IN PROGRESS

* Quim to talk with Killermundi about the GNOME Store.  IN PROGRESS

	- Problem:  not clear if it's the Foundation's initiative to
          say, "you'll print this t-shirt, etc.", or if it's
          Killermundi's.

	- Problem:  sending merchandise out of Spain.  Within the EU
          it's already expensive.

	- We need a more franchised system so that local vendors can
          print merchandise in different countries.

	- Next step:  discuss on marketing-list.

* JRB to mail the draft criteria for an interview for the executive
  director to board-list.  POSTPONED

* Dave to ask O'Reilly about comissioning a GNOME book for ISVs under
  a free documentation license.  IN PROGRESS, Dave is in touch with
  Andy Oram.

* Jeff to draft a press release about Canonical joining the Advisory
  Board.  NOT DONE

MINUTES
=======

* GUADEC financials

* Sponsorship:

	- We need to fund a speaker for the GNOME Day in Chile, we can
          pay USD 1500 for travel (November 9).

* Trademark application:

	We are going to apply for these:
		* New GNOME foot + wordmark modified BS Vera font
		* Certification mark
		* Community mark

	To be discussed with gnome-legal.

* Embedded initiative:

	Nothing to discuss for the moment.  Conversation is ongoing in
	the mailing list.

* Other business:

	Someone who is not a GNOME developer nor a Foundation member
	is asking for an account in blogs.gnome.org.

ACTIONS
=======

* Quim to answer Fernando that we can cover up to 1.500USD for travel
  expenses of a developer invited to The GNOME Day in Chile.  DONE

* Anne to start the creation of the GNOME-legal group:  Luis Villa,
  Dom Lachowicz.  Need a private mailing list.

* JRB to set up the infrastructure for the interviews.  Deadline:
  Monday Sept. 18.

Old actions:

* Jeff to write a proposal for the technical project meeting.

* Jeff to write a press release for the GTK+ / Foundation
  announcement.

* Quim to finish the financials from GUADEC.

* Quim to finish his GUADEC-HOWTO.

* Anne to contact our pro-bono law firm instead of SFLC about the
  trademark licensing agreement.

* Quim to talk with Killermundi about the GNOME Store.

* Dave to ask O'Reilly about comissioning a GNOME book for ISVs under
  a free documentation license.

* Jeff to draft a press release about Canonical joining the Advisory
  Board.

DECISIONS
=========

We'll register the trademark like this:  certification mark, community
mark, a normal registered trademark for the foot.

Next meeting: Wed. 2006/Sep/27, 19:00 UTC.  Same bat-channel.