5 endorsements (was: Re: 3,5 endorsements)

Quim Gil wrote:
> Thanks Dave for opening the fire, I wasn't unsure about the coolness of
> candidates endorsing candidates.

No problem :)

Aside from Sara, I would also like Mairin (who has been brilliant this
year working on branding), Glynn Foster, Quim and Vincent to get elected.

Vincent is one of the nicest people I know, and a hard worker on the
board. Quim has come through GNOME like a whirlwind in a little over a
year - he's a good worker, is good at getting compromise around tough
issues, but not afraid to show when he disagrees with something, even if
it's popular. And Glynn is... well, he's Glynn. Nice guy, loves GNOME,
works well with others.

Aside from the explicit names, the characteristics I'm hoping for in the
new board members are an agreement on a vision for the board, diligence
in taking care of things they commit to, and a good ability to
communicate ideas. I don't know if I have those skills - other board
members can probably tell you more - but they're the characteristics I'm
hoping to find in the board that gets elected.

In particular I'm not saying that the board should be sheep, but having
profound misunderstandings based on very different visions for the
foundation can cause tension and wreck a productive board.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary