Re: My interests in the GNOME Foundation

<quote who="Quim Gil">

> I would have resigned from the board back on September if my colleagues
> would have requested it. I can resign now if you think it's appropriate.
> As I told Dave last week, I will do whatever it's best. I just want to
> defend my candidacy for the job like any other candidate.

Hi Quim,

Given that we are handling the conflict of interest well in the current
process, I think this question need only be raised should you become an
employee of the Foundation. In the past, we have not excluded employees
from standing for directorship, but based on that experience I think we
need to at least discuss ruling it out.

Thanks,

- Jeff

   "Stupidity is used to run 98% of the world's corporations, which tops
              UNIX server usage by quite a bit." - George Lebl