Minutes of the Board meeting, 2006/Apr/05

Dusting out the drawer of old minutes...

GNOME Foundation Board Meeting, 2006/04/05

Attendance:

 Dave (Chairing, minutes)
 Vincent
 Luis
 Jonathan
 Rosanna
 Jeff (0:10)

Regrets:
 Anne

Missing:
 Federico

Actions:

Luis to mail boston-social gnome org to look for volunteers to
represent us at Boston Usenix and Boston LWE
 - DONE!

Dave to be our liaison with marketing-list to set up the basic structure
of the new www.gnome.org
 - ongoing

Dave to request a contract from Quim for GUADEC
 - ongoing.  We expect something by Easter.

Federico to mail advisory-board-list about what members would like to
obtain from the Foundation.
 - We'll pick it up at the meeting.

Jeff to write a proposal for the technical project meeting.
 - ongoing.

Jeff describes Ghosts of past Conferences.  Something we should do for
GUADEC.

Luis to send mail RE LWE/Usenix:
done

GUADEC meetings - Deciding dates & times for advisory board and board
meetings
Board meeting before and Advisory after is a good idea.
-Dave: We should split up the all-day board meeting so we don't wear
out.
-Advisory board is on Thursday, June 29th

Advisory board - Preparing the meeting
- Need an agenda
- luis: Should we keep it to a single agenda?
- bolsh: Want to turn it into something where they go to them frequently
- jeff: turn it into a long term agenda

Action: Get Advisory board rep for RH
-Done: Gerry Riveros is representing

Advisory Board fees -
-We're going to go to a January billing period.  Prorate people.  No one
has been billed yet.

Axis Inform�ca wanting to sell products with the GNOME logo (see
Rodrigo's mail)
-Reuse the german contract for this group (initially)
-Turn it into a generic TM agreemark that people can use
-Action: Contact lawyers to make sure our generic contract can work.

  Federico