Re: membership

On Tue, 2006-05-12 at 12:44 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> > the membership page at http://foundation.gnome.org/membership/
> > unfortunately does not indicate the procedure to follow to cease being a
> > foundation member. Could anybody indicate to me please how to do that?
>
> There are two options - wait, and 2 years after becoming a member, don't
> renew, or send a mail to the membership committee, and they will remove
> you from the list of members.

Thanks Dave! I'll send a message to the membership committee.

> Mind me asking why you want to leave the foundation?

I don't mind at all. The reason is really a combination of many.
Primarily, over the last years the philosophy of the GNOME community has
shown itself to be incompatible with my philosophy. As a side effect,
the GNOME desktop has become, in many instances, inappropriate for our
usage.

When I look at the list of candidates for the current board elections
and find that I can't justify to vote for any of the candidates, it is
quite obvious that for me to remain in the foundation is inappropriate.

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences