Re: Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 Oct 26

On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 18:48 +1300, Glynn Foster wrote:
> >         SUBJECT MATTER DESCRIPTION: Introduction, The GNOME Family,
> >         Overview, Core Technologies, IPC and Network Support, Desktop
> >         Technologies, Language Bindings, Appendix
>
> Who's the target audience of this document?
>
> Seems like there is a lot of potential libraries that *aren't* part of
> our official platform stack that we're advertising, and even those
> libraries that are could be considered as very dubious ISV interfaces.

This is not the guide that tells you "these are the stable interfaces in
GNOME per Sun's terminology".

This is the guide that tells you "if you want to write a GNOME app and
want to do $foo, then you use libbar to do it".  The guide may very well
tell you that libbar is not particularly stable ABI-wise, but at least
you'll know what you can use.

  Federico