Re: Some perspective on the relative importannce of the board.

Hey,

On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 19:25 -0500, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Quim Gil">
>
> > How much time do you think a director should dedicate to board tasks in
> > order to be efficient?
> >
> > Please suggest an estimate of [minimum - average] hours par week or month.
>
> Because "getting things done" shouldn't be the Board's agenda, it should be
> able to deal with its "tasks" in monthly meetings of 1-2 hours. Getting
> things done is what Foundation employees and the community do.

Plus the time needed to parse through regular mails to board-list,
identify any immediate actions items and potentially delegate any tasks
where possible. All in all I'd put it at about 4-5 hours a week in my
opinion. Anything less and I feel that other people would be more suited
to the position.

Just my 2 cent.

Glynn