Re: Reducing the board size

I've been following this discussion with interest.

I don't think reducing the size of the board is a good idea, for all the
diversity and geographic representation arguments posted by others.
There is one other piece of reality we have though I haven't heard
mentioned: it is not uncommon for someone's anticipated time to change
without much warning; a smaller board makes this more of a problem.

I do have serious sympathy though to the arguments about having formal
officers and a process for their selection, so that better structure and
executive authority might exist.

But all of this boils down to the fact one can make almost anything
work, one way or the other.  Size of the board feels about right for me,
even if I think we might do things to improve its execution (e.g. the
officers idea).
				Regards,
					Jim Gettys