Re: Reducing the board size

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 21:21 +0200, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Tristan Van Berkom">
>
> > But now I feel I have to be a little less conservative; the arguments put
> > forth so far seem to suggest that there are more seats available than
> > people who are really willing to take on the responsability, and I can
> > definitly see how this can cripple the boards ability to make decisions.
>
> This is only because the purpose of the board is badly defined and
> communicated.

I think it is worth pointing out, that if the role of the board is
better defined in the future and if the board is "fixed", there is no
reason that the number of directors can not be increased again.

Like with everything else, the board, its role and its size should
evolve based on the needs of the project.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA