Re: Petition for referendum

I added myself to the Wiki as being in favour of a reduced board size.

It did strike me today however that we in addition to voting on reducing
the board also vote about adding to our bylaws a way for the board
itself to change its size. I mean it isn't really realistic for anyone
except those who is/have been on the board to understand and have an
informed opinion on what the ideal size would be for the board.

On the other hand I realize that this is a theoretically abusable power
so maybe we should make it so that that the size change first have to be
proposed by one board, then confirmed by a second board (after next
election) to take effect on how many are to be elected for the third
board?

Would mean changing the size of the board would take up to two years,
but if there is a critical need to change the size then of course taking
the issue to a general vote again is an option.

Due to this having been a multiyear board topic I do propose that we
don't punt the decision on board size for such a bylaws change, but keep
it as part of the referendum.

Christian