Re: Questions to the candidates

Hi there,

En/na Curtis Hovey ha escrit:
> 1. How much time can you dedicate to the board each week?

In the first half of 2006 I will be part time dedicated to GUADEC
coordination - http://desdeamericaconamor.org/blog/node/164 . Part of
this time can drop easily to board related tasks.

> 2. How flexible is your time; can you dedicate extra time one week and
> less the next?

I'm self-employed and I work from home. I 'only' need to negotiate
scheduler with my partner and my son (I take care of him mainly
afternoons, so her mother can work also).

> 3. Please rank your interests:
> 	a. GNOME evangelizing to government, enterprise, small
> 	   business, and individuals
> 	b. GNOME marketing and merchandising of branded items
> 	   nationally and internationally
> 	c. GNOME legal issues like copyright and patents
> 	d. GNOME finances and fund raising
> 	e. Alliance with other organizations.

Answered in the 'official' questions.

> 4. Explain how you expect to meet you goals.

Being pragmatical defining the goals. Sometimes an organisation needs to
dream in order to move forward. The good thing about GNOME is that the
community is full of dreamers. This means the board don't need to dream
but to be pragmatical an efficient, finishing what has been started and
not starting (yet) what can't be properly finished.

> 6. Please assess GNOME:
> 	a. What are its strengths

Products (desktop & GTK+ apps), community, vision, philosophy, gnu,
brand, art, i18n

> 	b. What are its weaknesses

identity, dependency of distros, public voice, gnome.org, welcoming
newbies, distance from users, opacity, foundation, board, sound, games

> 	c. What are its opportunities

FOSS reference, public & corporate big deployments and migrations,
accessibility, multilingüism, triumph of standards, freedesktop.org,
P2P, FOAF, Web 2.0.

> 	d. What are its threats

division, corporativisation, hidden agendas, misuse of resources,
patents, winning the empire becoming the empire

> 7. Name the best album you purchased in the last year.

gtk-gnutella

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org