Re: Questions to answer

<quote who="Juha Siltala">

> What do you think of the composition of the current board, where a couple
> of big companies hold half of the chairs?

I trust those individuals as members of the GNOME Foundation and community,
*and* as representatives of companies that contribute a great deal to GNOME
(in development resources and front-line sales, marketing and research). We
have a culture that embraces contributions from individuals, whatever their
affiliation, which has bolstered our ability to involve major companies and
their developers in the project at large. We're good at this.

> What do you think about the fact that about a third of GNOME modules'
> maintainers are employed by the "Big Three" GNOME corporations? Is this a
> problem for you?

Not at all. I think the few problems we have with our maintainership process
are totally unrelated to the affiliation of those maintainers. It comes down
to the people involved, not the logo on their business card or the domain of
their email address.

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu USA & Europe Tour: Oct-Nov 2005            http://wiki.ubuntu.com/3BT

     "Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system." - From Monty
                      Python to ESR, by way of Al Viro