Re: Advisory referendum, not decision [Was: Beginning of the 2005 GNOME Foundation elections]

  With my Secretary of the GNOME Foundation hat firmly on:

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 09:01:34PM +0100, David Neary wrote:
> >Candidacies must be announced prior to November 14, 2005 or
> >thereabouts (which has already passed). Currently, I count 8 nominees
> >(Federico, Christian, Jonathan, Bastien, Vincent, Behdad, Quim,
> >David).
>
> I count 12: Jeff, Federico, Behdad, German, Christian, Vincent, Luis,
> Jonathan, Bastien, Anne, Quim, Dave (me)

  There have been a problem with Anne's post to foundation announce,
it did reach the mailing list but when I went there to handle the bounces
my filters which cleans up bounces had apparently erronously deleted her
post. I can confirm that a copy of her mail to foundation list was also
sent to the announce list too.

> The board is 11 people, including Tim. The executive director (the
> title) is not a member of the board. Tim Ney (the individual) is. So
> there is no vacancy on the board.

  Confirmed.

I would also like to confirm that the board expected the referendum to be
binding and that there is no doubts that the upcoming elections have 7
seats open.

  I hope this clarifies some of the situation,

Daniel