Re: [Fwd: Re: Beginning of the 2005 GNOME Foundation elections]

Hi,

Le mercredi 16 novembre 2005 �2:12 +0100, Anne �tergaard a �it :
> On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 11:28 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > On Wed, November 16, 2005 10:33, Quim Gil wrote:
> > > This would help disoriented new candidates (like myself) moving
> > > appropriately between silence and abuse or offtopic.
> >
> > So, it seems you're looking for a "candidate howto" :-)
> > This sounds like a good idea. I'm adding an item to the committee todo
> > list.
>
> Vincent you have been doing a wonderful and very large job on the
> election committee.

(I would not say wonderful, see below)

> I thank you sincerely for this fine work that you and the rest of the
> committee has done.
>
> We need to trust you guys 100%.
>
> But I would like to say this sooner and not later that I think that you
> as a candidate yourself should not at the same time be sitting on the
> election committee- for your own sake as a serious and very skilled
> candidate to a seat on the board.

Let me explain why I'm staying in the committee. If I had done a
wonderful job, elections could be organized without me. However, it's
not the case. The new voting system is not documented yet and there's no
really easy way to use the membership and elections database right now.
So I'm staying to explain and help if necessary.

I really prefer having smooth-running elections and not being elected
than the contrary.

Now, I don't consider that my answers to Quim's ideas were made with my
elections committee hat on (except the fact that I added them to the
todo list, because I don't want to lose the ideas), nor were my answer
to your first mail. I believe I have the right to express my ideas, even
if I'm a candidate :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�