Board of Directors Elections 2016 - Candidacy - Allan Day

Name: Allan Day
Email: aday gnome org
Affiliation: Red Hat

Hi Foundation Members,

I'm announcing my candidacy for the Board of Directors. If I'm elected it would be my second term on the board. I've been involved in GNOME for about seven years now, and most of my work is as a member of the design team, but I've also been involved in the Engagement Team.

I've enjoyed being on the board this past year - it gives a different insight into the project, and is an opportunity to learn new skills. I also feel that I've been an effective and active board member. Particular areas that I've worked on for the past year:

 * Trademark licensing - I've updating our records and guidelines and have managed quite a few new trademark license agreements (some of these are still in progress).
 * I've pitched in with areas that have needed help (or in some cases a push) like last year's annual report, our 2016 conference sponsorship brochure, and the next advisory board meeting.
 * My time on the board has inspired me to try and improve the Friends of GNOME scheme. (This doesn't strictly need a member of the board, but it helps.)
 * Finally, I've tried to contribute to the effective running of the board, looking at how we keep track of tasks and trying to get us to be a bit more proactive. The results of this have been mixed but it's something I'm still interested in. ;)

If I'm reelected, I'd like to continue with these activities, and hopefully get involved in others too.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

Thanks,

Allan