Re: GSOC 2011

Simon,

I think it's a worthwhile project, certainly. I've dabbled with F-Spot as a user, but I don't really use it. However, if it were cloud-enabled, I might be able to make good use of it.

Another option, 3: Use a server-side SQLite <http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteNetwork> instead of a local SQLite. Then like #1, synchronize the picture folder on a file-by-file basis. Rationale: I think you want a single master to store the metadata. Once you have multiple copies of it, things might get really messed up.

I guess you could get a similar result, and maybe make it even more generally useful, by using a remote MySQL instead of SQLite.

And a crazy (but cool) option, 4: use Flickr as the primary image store. Probably with a server-side SQLite to handle metadata, and of course, local thumbs and optional synchronizing of local/remote full images.

Pete