Re: Re:Criteria for Importing

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Conscious User <conscioususer aol com> wrote:

> I have always used the workflow you describe. I never let a photo
> manager "manage" my photo directories for me, preferring rather to
> establish my own structure. Then, each time I add new photos to my
> collection, I either import from the collection's root, or from the
> specific sub-directory I've updated.

Yes, exactly what I do.

This is great feedback. Something seriously lacking in the recent months. Maybe if I just start breaking stuff we can get all the users to speak up. :) (only kidding -- I'm not sure how this got broke considering it sounds like it happened before I started hacking on it even)

At any rate, I will definitely look into it. As I said, as far as I'm concerned it's a completely valid use case/workflow and as mentioned it is explicitly supported by options in F-Spot.

As always, time is the only limiting factor on how quickly I can get an eye on this. I have marked one of the bugs from the original thread as assigned to myself and put 0.9 as the target.

tim