Original versions in photo_versions table?

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. While relocating the folder where my photos are stored, I looked into the SQLite database and it appears that in the table photo_versions the are images with version "Original". This is with f-spot 0.6.1.5 on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx. All original images imported after starting with that new f-spot occur in the photos table as well as in photo_versions.

The f-spot home page database schema description says that table photo_versions is only dedicated to alternate versions of a photo, and with my former f-spot release this was indeed the case. I have experimentally deleted all "Original"-rows from the photo_versions table and f-spot still shows all images properly.

So is that behavior by design or has anybody else seen this and it could be a bug in f-spot? Otherwise I could have mixed up my system by editing the database.

Thanks for sharing your experiences,

-Rainer