Re: Problems with umlauts in find bar

On 06/06/2010 03:41 PM, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
Am I right that this patch makes it such that Lowenzahn would match
Löwenzahn?

Actually no. This patch only prevents tags with umlauts to disappear from the completion box as you type. There is no change in matching tags at all. Matching tags happens at some other place where gtk-sharp returns a correctly normalized string. That's why I called it an annoyance and not a bug...

But I would also like to have this feature that Lowenzahn would match Löwenzahn. Maybe if I find the time I will look into it :-)

If so, go ahead, that's cool. Always open a bug in gnome bugzilla as
well and link the merge request there. I tend to miss activity on
gitorious, and bugzilla is the main tracker of things.

Ok, I will open a bug. I just didn't do it yet since it is not a bug in f-spot but in gtk-sharp and I opened a bug there already.

Regards,
Daniel