Re: f-spot-import and the timezone workaround

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Paul Wellner Bou<paul purecodes org> wrote:
[...]
> Me, too. 1.0 is more or less far future. 0.6 is next. Without time handling
> fix.

Then I will be happy to apply a patch to this version (which looks
great otherwise)

> There is a "no change" option. In the preferences you can tell f-spot not to
> write any metadata to the files, just in the db. So at least the files won't
> be messed up.

Yes, I know about this, but the time is still wrong in the DB and then
we don't have tags (and correct rotating state ?) in the pictures
which is even worse for me...

> I'll write a "fix date" extension some of those days if I have time, which
> mainly will use the RAW time to correct the JPG time and if there is no RAW
> and the photo was taken by a digital camera, the digitized time will be
> used.

This would be great, even if I don't have a camera providing access to
the RAW data... Then there is an EXIF field which still stores the
correct time ?
I recall seing a script to "reset" pictures time to this value, I
should try this at some point to mitigate the problem :)

Best regards.

--
Aurélien Naldi