Re: 0.5.0 hangs

On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 16:14 +0200, Stephane Delcroix wrote:
> Due to duplicate detection, the first time you start f-spot it starts
> hashing all your images.

Is that hash stored in the database?

> it can take times and slow down ui
> responsivity.

This not a "slow" UI.  It's completely dead.  It has not refreshed (i.e
it's all solid grey) since I sent my original message.

It's worth noting that f-spot was doing this image hashing long before
the UI hung and the UI was perfectly responsive.  Some other event has
occurred which has hung the UI processing loop.

> If you stop it, it'll resume the next time, until he processed all your
> collection. That's a minor inconvenience....

A slow UI would be a minor inconvenience, yes.  Completely hung is not
so minor.

In addition to all of the above, the hashing looks like it's complete.
There has not been an update to stdout for many minutes and yet the UI
is still hung.

b.