Re: 23hq export

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 11:06:02AM +0200, Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 12/05/2008 alle 10.49 +0200, Stephane Delcroix ha
> scritto:
> > (1) and (3) could be fixed quite easily, and you'd better file 2
> > enahncement request for those ("remove pictures from selection before
> > import" and "do not use filename as comment on export").
>
> I'm not sure (3) is an f-spot bug. exporting to flickr doesn't add file
> name as comment. I think, as for the orientation, is a matter of 23hq.

Indeed, I have now experimented with the flickr export and as you said
these problems are not present there.

So it seems that regarding (3) 23hq interpretes the meta information
somewhat differently then flickr. Which is not necessarily a bug in
23hq, but somewhat misleading, seeing how they use almost the exact
same API but then apparently behave differently.

As for (2): I was looking around earlier if 23hq supports the
orientation information in the EXIF data. But it seems they don't,
whereas flickr does. That's also not necessarily a bug, but rather a
missing feature. It could be fixed on the F-Spot side (like my code
change does, which also doesn't break flickr export), but I guess it
would be cleaner for 23hq to just support this.

However, because of various other annoyances with 23hq (especially how
the handle sharing of private pictures) I have given up on it anyway and
instead switched to flickr.

Regards!

Jan