Re: Picture versions

Il giorno lun, 03/03/2008 alle 20.17 -0500, Blacko ha scritto:

> Is it possible to cancel the automatic creation of a picture version
> when editing a picture?

not right now. it's done for "security" reasons. since you cannot undo
your changes into f-spot, creating a new version when modifying allows
you to always keep the original photo untouched.

> Is it possible to delete the original version of a picture and to keep
> only the modified one if I like the modified one and don't need the
> original one?

Not right now, for the aforementioned reason.

I've seen you commented the bug about deleting original version. I
didn't reply you there because usually bugs are kept for discussing the
bug itself and not for testing/compilation issues.
If you want to test that patch you can have a look at
http://f-spot.org/How_To_Test_a_Patch
Be very careful when compiling/installing custom f-spot, because you
could damage your "main" db and get very angry or desperate after that.
Read that (and other) page very well.

If you don't want to test patches then you have to wait for them to get
tested, committed, and then the next f-spot version containing it.

Ciao!
maxxer
--
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo milesi yetopen it

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/
C.so E. Filiberto, 74 23900 Lecco - ITALY -
Tel 0341 220 205 - Fax 178 607 8199

GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0xE704E230 - http://keyserver.linux.it

-------- D.Lgs. 196/2003 --------

Si avverte che tutte le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono
riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nel caso in cui questo
messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo
senza copiarlo, a non inoltrarlo a terzi e ad avvertirci non appena
possibile.
Grazie.