Can't import anything

G'day there F-Spot List people,

I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 and have installed f-spot via Synaptic. There were no error messages resulting, so I assume that there are no dependency issues. f-spot is situated in the Applications | Graphics menu (Gnome) right where it's supposed to be.

My problem is that I can't import anything. All graphics images are greyed out and can't be accessed. Selecting the parent folder in the forlorn hope that all files will be imported was - surprise, surprise - unsuccessful.

I know that f-spot CAN work, since I had it running on this 'pooter when I last had Feisty installed. I've since updgraded to Gutsy, and found that it was still a little too 'experimental' for my likings and reinstalled Feisty. However now I can't import anything as stated. I've cursed & sworn at it, but it still doesn't work. I can't find anything online that describes the symptoms so here I am asking for any assistance anyone can offer. Please!

Thanks for listening,
See ya
Ken McLennan
Qld, Australia