Re: Dreaming

On 3/31/07, vescovi christophe wrote:

>     Just a thought. Of course if F-Spot had a robust plugin
>     architecture. Oh
>     well, c'est la vie.
>

> First thing I'd do with "a robust plugin architecture" is add The
> GIMP's Tools>Color Tools>Levels... and >Curves...
>
> How can a photo tool be lacking Levels and Curves?

Why !!!
I just want f-spot to be a good photo management tool, and I do not want
developers to waste their time in features that I have in Gimp.
f-spot is far from being a photo editing tool, if the intention of
f-spot developers is to make a tool that can be use for every step of
digital photography workflow, this is fine, but :
- improve photo management first
- please use GEGL for editing ;-)

The idea behind tools like Picasa or more sophisticated like Aperture
and Lightroom is that you actually save time, automating
(non-destructive, which is very important) changes to multiple shots
instead of tweaking them one by one manually or via actions/scripts
from traditional editors like GIMP and Photoshop.

So one would actually need both photo management and editing.

And gegl-sharp already exists and is written by one of F-Spot developers :)

http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gegl/trunk/bindings/gegl-sharp/

Alexandre