Re: Moving existing photos to new import location

On 3/22/07, Константин Маслов wrote:

     In my photo work-flow, I would like to have one "root" DB on my hard
drive with full EXIF, IPTC info, big enough thumbnails and "where can I find
a negativ" info: volume name and path relative to "root photo folder of the
archive". Some photo is on local hard disk is "under processing", but others
on archive disks: usb hard drive, cd, dvd etc. One photo can be on several
archive disks. Say, one usb hard drive for fast work and dvds for safe
store. When I need photos that is not on local disk, f-spot have to ask me
to plug in archive drive with this photo. On the other side, each archive
disk must have such database with info about photo on this disk to let me
work with my archives out of my home. I also need an ability to sync "root"
dbs with archives. When I try to export photos, f-spot ask me to plug in all
needed archive disks sequentially to make new disk image, make a db for new
disk, then burn image with db. When such archive disks is plugged in f-spot
can check dbs consistency, "root" and "archive", in background or on demand.

Kostya, there even a mockup for that :)

http://f-spot.org/New_Features_-_Sidebar

Alexandre