Re: Moving existing photos to new import location

Am Mittwoch, den 21.03.2007, 19:07 -0400 schrieb Richard Bronosky:
> This is how Picasa does it.  (a db file in each folder)  it works very
> in practice as well as theory.  It makes backing up, transfering from
> one PC to another,  and using a NAS all very easy.

But wouldn't having a db in every folder make things like searching or
just starting up a lot slower? I imagine a hierarchy of many subfolders
with as many db files. f-spot would have to crawl through all db files
to perform a search for a tag. Even if f-spot would build an index on
all db files on start up, this would slow down the start up process.

[x] ulf

--
Act social. Share your system. http://www.getinternetexplorer.com/