F-Spot Quarantine Idea

F-Spot Quarantine

Often I find myself using Nautilus Scripts that I found in Synaptic to
rotate groups of images. I do not know if this Nautilus script does
the rotation through the EXIF data or through a hard rotation. I also
do not know if it harms or degrades the quality of the JPEG images
that I use it on. What I do know is that I find it much easier to be
able to just look inside a folder, which my camera names by the date
and sort them discretely rather than import them into the masses of
other images in F-Spot un-rotated and unsorted.

It would be an excellent feature to have a category named say
"Quarantine - XX/XX/XXXX (date)" where upon the import screen an
end-user could set as their default category for all new imports. Thus
allowing an end-user such as myself to import each day a batch of
images and not worry about processing them immediately or facing the
probably of forgetting when and what I imported.

I do this manually now but I think that having this type of thing
automated would be nice. There are even other ways to auto label this
category such as "Un-Sorted 001" or any word followed by some
automated numbering scheme. The end-user should be able to create this
naming scheme in the preferences and alter it at any time.

In fact right now I have these categories that are created and require
my attention still but by using the filtering capabilities of F-Spot I
am assured that some day I will get to these and not forget that they
have yet to be processed.

Quarantine - 06/10/2006
Quarantine - 06/14/2006
Quarantine - 06/28/2006
Quarantine - 07/04/2006

--
Sincerely yours,
Richard Krone

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no
matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and
your own common sense.
--Buddha